About Hope Lives - Vive La Esperanza
Our Mission: Hope Lives – Vive La Esperanza strives to increase access to services by developing community partnerships and mobilizing resources to address barriers that affect the health of culturally and ethnically diverse communities in Maricopa County, Arizona.
Our Vision: Hope Lives – Vive La Esperanza will establish and nurture positive relationships in diverse communities to fulfill individual needs. We will provide opportunities to instill and renew a sense of hope to communities and individuals, one person at a time by providing culturally relevant services to culturally diverse communities, through effective multi-cultural life coaching, prevention, education, and outreach services.
Specialty Support Services:
- Forensic Peer Support; services provided in the City of Phoenix Superior Court (Problem Solving Court), City of Tempe Behavioral Health Court, City of Phoenix Behavioral Health Court, City of Glendale Behavioral Health Court, Coconino County Mental Health Court (Flagstaff) and the Coconino County DUI/Drug Court.
- Supported Employment Program; competitive employment/job development and placement, work adjustment training (janitorial, custodial, clerical/executive assistant, library industries, computer refurbishing with A+ certification and customer/concierge services, Jewelry Manufacturing/Design Industry), and job coaching.
- Attempt/Survivors of Suicide/Peer Support Group (Suicide Intervention and Prevention Program); this group is facilitated on the Phoenix Hope Lives campus and/or garden environment, as well as, our Flagstaff Hope Lives Campus/community. The Hope Lives Group remains consistent to the adherence of the Peer Support Whole Health Model and the peer support continuum of care. Group dialogue and activities are kept confidential; open agenda lead through educational/awareness/prevention learning materials; all participants are respected regarding their culture, values and beliefs. Journaling thoughts, emotions and feelings are used as a learning tool.
- Benefits and Financial Coaching; Specialists on staff to assist you with applying for, renewing or answering questions regarding; AHCCCS (DES/SSI MAO), Social Security Admin. (SSA), SSI/SSDI, Ticket to Work, and Freedom to Work.
- Community Garden Program (Phoenix); the benefit of gardening propels lasting change and ongoing recovery for an individual physically, mentally and emotionally. It increases cultural and social connection to their community and with other community members. Gardening education and activities promote relationships between plant and human to induce relaxation and reduce tension, anger, fear and blood pressure. This type of activity increases self-esteem, confidence, community pride and relationships. Our goal is to increase equality, self and community enrichment
- Forensic Peer Support Specialist Training
- Life Support Specialist Training
- Peer Support Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skill Training (ASIST) (Any location)
- Finger Printing (Phoenix)
- CPR/FA (Phoenix)
- Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) (any location)
- Cultural Competency: 101 (any location)